Call for Papers
A lot of discussion has been initiated in policy forums regarding the transition from the traditional linear to a circular economic approach. Today, circular flow of income shows financial and non-financial interrelations among economic agents (e.g. firms, households and state) and natural environment through green GDP and satellites accounts. The most effort has been made to eliminate waste production from such agents without taking into account new opportunities which arise from waste production. What hinders this transition as well as to identify new opportunities is the interdependence of the individual companies to other micro and macro markets that also need to be redesigned to target the support of circular principles. Such markets need revisiting even in organized entities like eco-clusters, eco-industrial parks, or any other ecological symbiosis of businesses where wastes of one consist primary sources for other economic activities. These emerging markets face several economic, social, legal, and administrative barriers and opportunities.
This Symposium provides an opportunity for those interested in any level of Circular Economy and Sustainability applications. From individual business or industrial zones to national, international or global policies that will make feasible the effective application of circular economy principles for achieving a Sustainable Development. Researchers, practitioners and entrepreneurs are invited to submit both empirical and theoretical papers that are broadly consistent in any of the Symposium’s special topics. An ultimate goal will be to encourage researchers to examine the concepts of circular economy under a holistic scale approach.
A major innovation of this Symposium is the bridging of engineering, management and economic knowledge to support the effective advance of circular and sustainability principles bringing together the theoretical, practical, applied and managerial knowledge in order to produce efficient policies. The School of Production Engineering and Management of Technical University of Crete with the Department of Environmental Engineering, together with prominent INFER and HAEE organizations, and the Region of Crete will support this interdisciplinary event.
- Blockchain and Circular Economy
- Circular Business Models
- Circular Design
- Circular Economy and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS)
- Circular Economy at Macro, Meso, Micro Level
- Circular Innovation and Investments
- Circular Materials and Product Flows
- Circular Procurement Policies
- Circular Supply Chain Management
- Education for Circularity and Sustainability
- Energy Efficiency and Clean Energy
- Energy from Waste
- Energy Production and Management
- Energy Storage
- Entrepreneurship and Markets for Secondary Materials
- Green Accounting
- Green Public Procurement
- Heterodox economics for circular economy
- Industry 4.0 and Circular Economy
- Integrated Waste Management
- Legal Framework for Circular Economy
- Legislative Barriers to By-product Use
- Political-economic theories for circular economy
- Public Awareness on Byproducts
- Recycling and Reuse Policies
- Regional Circular Economy
- Resource Efficiency
- Resource Value Optimization
- Smart Buildings and Cities
- Sustainable Economic Growth
- Sustainable Production and Consumption
- Zero Waste Management
|Extended Abstract||18 April, 2023|
|Extended Abstract or Full Paper Submission||9 April 2023|
|Notification||23 April, 2023|
|Early Registration||14 May, 2023|
|Late Registration||15 May, 2023 and onwards|
|Symposium Dates||19-21 June, 2023|
Online Paper Submission
The event will only take place in person (maximum of two presentations per person).
Speakers will not be able to present remotely.
An extended abstract is required to be submitted by the 9th of April, 2023 using Easy Chair platform.
The extended abstracts that are accepted will be published in the Symposium Proceedings.
To submit your extended abstract, please follow these steps:
1. Create an account on: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=4thcesust2023
2. Log into https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=4thcesust2023 by using your account
3. Submit a basic description and details to the easy chair submission form. Upload a doc/docx or pdf file (up to 2 pages but not less than 1.5 pages) following the template (where you could enter figures/tables/equations), and it will be published in the conference Book of Abstracts.
4. You will receive an automatic email to confirm your submission. You can update your submission until the deadline.
Following the acceptance, authors will be invited to submit their full papers for consideration to the Special Issues announced following the Journals’ peer review process.
For more information about Special Issues related to the 4th Symposium on Circular Economy and Sustainability visit the related page: https://4th.circulareconomy2050.eu/special-issues.